Following on from my post in October 2016 which detailed the increase to the National Minimum Wage amongst other key Employment Law Changes, the draft National Minimum Wage (Amendment) Regulations have now been published and will come into force from 1st April 2017.
In brief, the changes are as follows:
- The National Living Wage for 25-year-olds and over will increase by 30p from £7.20 to £7.50 per hour.
- The adult rate (21-24) will increase to £7.05 from £6.95 per hour.
- The Youth Development rate (this affects 18-20-year-olds) will increase from £5.55 to £5.60 per hour.
- The under 18’s rate will increase from £4.00 to £4.05 per hour.
- The Apprentice Rate will also receive an increase to £3.50 per hour from £3.40 per hour.
Please contact Katharine Kelly on 0151 239 1079 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information/advice in respect of the above changes.